[meteorite-list] what a ride, but now it has died

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:37 2004

Hi list.I cannot believe that it was 6 weeks ago today that I let the
meteorite community know about our beloved park forest fall.What a ride it
has been not only for me, but the community as a whole.The meteorite
people who came out, the science guys who came out,just people in general
who came outothnothing little hamlet to get a " PIECE " of the rock.Well
there were plenty of rocks to be found.And I believe there to be plenty
more meteorites to be found.But for me , the thrill has kind of waned for
me.No longer of interest to me.I'm sure I'll be down there again sometime
to look for more piece's, but not for awhile.I have vacation comming up in
2 weeks, a college graduation, and just the summer coming up.What has
happened here is extremely important to the meteorite community.I'm happy
to have a main cog in this and it has been fun.I'll look forward to all
the meteorite people who will come during the summer to look for more pf
pieces.I'll be happy to join you all, and maybe, just maybe, we might get
lucky and find some more pf.But I am starting to think the lake is almost
all dried up.

                                   steve arnold, chicago, 5/9/2003

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120