[meteorite-list] Park Forest House Smasher Survey

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:39 2004

--part1_1d5.96aa2c6.2bf18b57_boundary

Hello List,

The interest in the full slices of the Barnes' Park Forest House Smasher,
with cratered vent cover, has been fairly limited at my initial asking base
price of $60 a gram. See here:

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/meteorhntr/pfbmount.jpg">http://members.aol.com/meteorhntr/pfbmount.jpg</A>

While I think that is a great price for a full slice, a cast of the whole
rock and a duplicated vent cover (for a cast stand), I would be interested if
there are those of you out there that would be interested in a full slice, in
the 40g to 60g range at a lower price than $60/g?

If so, please email me off list, with the price you would feel comfortable
paying for a full slice. Also mention what extra (if any) you might be
willing to pay for a cast and vent cover as well. Determining the potential
demand will help me decide if I need to part with the specimen in tact or
cut.

Thanks for your input.

Steve Arnold

--part1_1d5.96aa2c6.2bf18b57_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hello List,<BR>
<BR>
The interest in the full slices of the Barnes' Park Forest House Smasher, wi=
th cratered vent cover, has been fairly limited at my initial asking base pr=
ice of $60 a gram.&nbsp; See here:<BR>
<BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://members.aol.com/meteorhntr/pfbmount.jpg">http://members.ao=
l.com/meteorhntr/pfbmount.jpg</A> <BR>
<BR>
While I think that is a great price for a full slice, a cast of the whole ro=
ck and a duplicated vent cover (for a cast stand), I would be interested if=20=
there are those of you out there that would be interested in a full slice, i=
n the 40g to 60g range at a lower price than $60/g?<BR>
<BR>
If so, please email me off list, with the price you would feel comfortable p=
aying for a full slice.&nbsp; Also mention what extra (if any) you might be=20=
willing to pay for a cast and vent cover as well.&nbsp; Determining the pote=
ntial demand will help me decide if I need to part with the specimen in tact=
 or cut.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Thanks for your input.<BR>
<BR>