[meteorite-list] OT-Meteor (Spam)...Wrongs

From: E.L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:40 2004

Greetings! I am passing this along for what it is worth.

I have found that many of my emails coming from this and other lists
have been diverted by my internet service provider's spam filters. I
can't change his filters to lean what is and isn't spam but, it keeps
50-60 SPAMS from reaching me each day. Unfortunately, it also diverts
10-12 legitimate emails a day. I understand that many ISPs have
implimented a similar "dumb" filer at the server. Words like trade, buy
sell, rare, deal, and etc. seem to be triggers. OR if there a many
addressees on an email, OR if your ISP has scored high on the spammer's
score ISPs maintain. So be advised to check your SPAM folder at your
ISP's website to salvage the e-mails you need to keep.

Now some of the posts which I read before finding the diverted emails
make more sense. I also understand why I didn't recieve some
auction/sales alerts.

I am working on a solution and also trying to catch up with several
replies. Feel free to write back if you've not gotten a timely reply.

Regards,
Elton