[meteorite-list] Re: Hunters?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:40 2004

Hey Mike?

I never thought I would hear myself say these words,
but, you ARE too modest!

You wrote:
"I have hunted cold more times than I can count.
Unfortunately I have yet to find a new meteorite all
to myself.
Well, I'll keep trying."

But, you HAVE found a new meteorite, namely "Pitino",
according to the latest Met. Bulletin (#87).

I'm in awe. Because I've always been impressed by the
finder who downplays his success in the field. But
this level of modesty will be a challenge for me to
emulate. (In fact, I won't even try! I'm going to
announce a new strewn field in Nevada, soon;-)

Kudos to you, Mike, for getting another meteorite
documented.
Bob V.

P.S. - When will we get see images of this new
addition to your collection?