[meteorite-list] Question

From: S. Singletary <jumper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:42 2004

Hello all,

I really needed to take a break, so I was perusing the "Catalog of
Antarctic Meteorites" from the National Institute of Polar Research, Tokyo,
1995.
And in there I find Yamato-790146, classified as Terrestrial. Why classify
an antarctic specimen as terrestrial - why not just chuck it? Or is it a
terrestrial meteorite?

I'm bamboozled and buffaloed and any insights would be appreciated. I
haven't been able to find anything else on this sample other than what is
in this book - a number and the classification.

Steven

Steven Singletary
54-1224
Dept. Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
M.I.T.
Cambridge, MA, 02139
Tel-617.253.6398
Fax-617.253.7102