[meteorite-list] Re: ebay meteorwrong, with NEMS "verification"

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:42 2004

--part1_1ca.a10c0db.2bfd45d7_boundary

I just got a note from Russ Kempton. He said the seller in question did send
him some material, requesting verification; the NEMS staff examined it and
found it to be CD, but the material in the ebay auctions is not the same as
that which they authenticated. I asked Russ for permission to reprint his
email verbatim for the list and for the seller's benefit, but since he hasn't
been able to respond with permission yet, I'm paraphrasing the above.

       Gregory

--part1_1ca.a10c0db.2bfd45d7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
I just got a note from Russ Kempton.&nbsp; He said the seller in question di=
d send him some material, requesting verification; the NEMS staff examined i=
t and found it to be CD, but the material in the ebay auctions is not the sa=
me as that which they authenticated.&nbsp;&nbsp; I asked Russ for permission=
 to reprint his email verbatim for the list and for the seller's benefit, bu=
t since he hasn't been able to respond with permission yet,&nbsp; I'm paraph=
rasing the above.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ca.a10c0db.2bfd45d7_boundary--