[meteorite-list] Re: Annual Meteorite Dealer Award

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:45 2004

--============_-1157891371==_ma============

Jeff K. posted:

I was thinking tonight that it might be nice to have some sort of
recognition for those dealers who go "above & beyond".

Dear Jeff:

My good friend "the original" Steve Arnold and I already do something
along these lines with the annual Harvey Awards, which are presented
each year during the Tucson show at our Meteor Mayhem birthday party.
The Harvey Awards are a lighthearted way of recognizing and saluting
those who have made an outstanding contribution to the field of
meteorite collecting.

Awards are not limited to dealers and have been given out in many
different categories ranging from "New Writing and Research," to
"Most Gentlemanly Meteorite Hunter," to "Longest-Suffering Meteorite
Wife." Dealers who have received an award include Bob Haag, Blaine
Reed, and Mike Martinez.

The rest of the Harvey recipients have received awards for
contributions in areas other than dealing (new technology, meteorite
recovery, lifetime achievement, etc.), and I dare say many more will
in the future! As always, the judges are open to bribes and corporate
kickbacks : )

The award itself is a glass cube with a meteorite affixed to the top.
The 2002 Awards featured a cute, complete NWA stone; the 2003 Awards
were small Toluca individuals. Each award is accompanied by a
certificate, and I have posted a scan for those of you who would like
to see one:

http://www.notkin.net/temp/harvey.htm

The award shown here was presented to our very own Art Jones for
creating the Meteorite List (That reminds me, Art, I really need to
put this certificate the mail for you).

None of this should prevent you from doing your own thing, Jeff, all
of the above just FYI.

Regards,

Geoff N.

--============_-1157891371==_ma============

 --></style><title>Re: Annual Meteorite Dealer
of recognition for those dealers who go &quot;above &amp;
beyond&quot;. </div>
already do something along these lines with the annual Harvey Awards,
which are presented each year during the Tucson show at our Meteor
Mayhem birthday party. The Harvey Awards are a lighthearted way of
recognizing and saluting those who have made an outstanding
contribution to the field of meteorite collecting.</div>
many different categories ranging from &quot;New Writing and
Research,&quot; to &quot;Most Gentlemanly Meteorite Hunter,&quot; to
&quot;Longest-Suffering Meteorite Wife.&quot; Dealers who have
received an award include Bob Haag, Blaine Reed, and Mike
Martinez.</div>
contributions in areas other than dealing (new technology, meteorite
recovery, lifetime achievement, etc.), and I dare say many more will
in the future! As always, the judges are open to bribes and corporate
kickbacks&nbsp; : )</div>
top. The 2002 Awards featured a cute, complete NWA stone; the 2003
Awards were small Toluca individuals. Each award is accompanied by a
certificate, and I have posted a scan for those of you who would like
to see one:</div>
creating the Meteorite List (That reminds me, Art, I really need to
put this certificate the mail for you).</div>
all of the above just FYI.</div>