[meteorite-list] Market report: NWA 801

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:43 2004

I have put my complete lot of NWA 801 for $7/gr. why
sincerely this meteorite has tired to me, it has only
made me to lose a bag of money and nothing other. For
who is interested here find the auction ended at 5
hours

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2200451532&category=3239&rd=1

Regards

Matteo

--- "Bernhard \"Rendelius\" Rems"
<rendelius_at_rpgdot.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have watched the sales of many meteorites for the
> last two months on
> ebay, and from time to time I would like to post,
> with general consensus
> on that, of course, my results here. To show you
> what to expect, I have
> analyzed the sales of NWA 801 over the last 8 weeks
> and will post my
> results here. Befores someone runs havoc again: this
> data is not
> compiled to break your privacy, but to HELP you to
> plan your sales.
>
> There have been 16 sales of NWA 801 from 5 sellers
> over the last 7-8
> weeks I am aware of (I think I have got them all). 9
> were successful, 7
> were not.
> The interesting thing is that sales with more than
> 4.3 grams aren't
> successful at all. This might be because their
> starting bids are above
> what the customer pays for NWA 801 without a higher
> starting bid (with
> one exception).
>
> The average price with successful NWA 801 sales is $
> 12.42. People paid
> between $ 7.42 and $ 22 per gram. App. 21g were
> sold, 73g weren't.
>
> Regards,
> Bernhard

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com