[meteorite-list] BIG Thanks - Lunar Charity Results

From: Martin <Martin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:44 2004

Dear list members,

I'm glad and happy about the results of the charity auction with the Moon
rock for little Emanuel;
the feedback was really overwhelming and it was a great success, so that
Emanuel will have a future again.

I try to thank here everyone personally (in alphabetical order), please
forgive me for the case that I forgot one of the generous benefactors.

The auction, still visible - enter: 2197271212, got 1650 hits.
The Dho908 specimen ended at 565.55$ - almost 2000$/g!

The noble winner is: Walther Meckstroth,
my highest respect!

Of course I want to thank all the bidders, who made this fine result
possible:

Steve Arnold, Chicago
ID: behr-horst
Juris Breikss
ID: crystal88_de
ID: fridaytai
Michael Frunke
Heiko Goetz
David Gregory
Torsten "Totti" Kraft
Mathias Mueller
ID: newforwu (Howard Wu?)
Bernhard "Rendelius" Rems
ID: spacerox
Hanno Strufe
Andreas Vollmer
Mike Stefan Wilding

My very special thanks go to:

The Decker Family
from Computerservice Mittelrhein: www.computerseller.de
who organized a brannew and good notebook with dvd, printer/scanner combo,
bag, changed the software and the keyboard - just did everything, paid a
part of the costs and accepted an additional partial trade against a
meteorite, so that finally the whole computer will cost more than 1100$ less
than the normal retail price!

My warmest thanks also to:

Klaus & Irmi Hartmann, who donated an aluminium wheelchair and to
Kevin Fly Hill, who will supply professional help for the case, that the
chair won't fit.

and to:

Manuela & Siegfried Katz, who bought the medication for the first two
months.

Additional to the outcome of the auction I recieved donations of all in all:
1213$

God bless:

Walter Baechtiger
Werner & Erika Bensch
Terry Boudreaux
Slavomir Derecki
Mathias Eberl & Gabi Stern
Heiko Goetz
Michael & Nicole Hofmann
René Lanthemann
Peter Schlagheck
Nancy Strand
Jody & David Weinstein
my mother Ingeborg
my sister Irene & family
my brother Christoph

Emanuel's and my thanks too for the various help offers from:

Ulf Bartl
Andre Bordeleau
Olaf Gabel
The Hofmann Family
Ed Moore

not to forget
Oliver & Nichapat Alge,
who supply me regularly with brand-new clothing, toys (until now more than
100kg!) and monetary donations for the poor children.

The resonance on this auction was so encouraging for me, that I plan to post
further charity auctions in future.
For this purpose
Erich & Sylvia Haiderer www.mars.li
already gave an ureilite slice and
Norbert Classen
a brachinite micro.

Finally Stefan Ralew http://www.sr-meteorites.de
gave me at the Munich show one of his perfect crusted desert stones, fresh
as they will fall tomorrow, the best ones on the whole fair, as a meteoritic
gift for Emanuel - Thank You!

But my biggest thank goes to my girlfriend Carmela Staicu, who never gives
up, as depressing the situation there in Romania sometimes can be, to
continue her great work with the children.

God bless you all
and may the angels drop a stone from heaven into your gardens!
Martin Altmann

PS: I'll leave next Sunday for Romania.