[meteorite-list] list-post from Rob Matson

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:45 2004

-------------------------------1068334403

Hi, gang -

Rob Matson is having difficulty posting to the list, and asked me to forward
this to everyone....

Gregory

Hi All,

For those that haven't read the latest MeteoriteTimes offering from
Paul and Jim, it's packed full of interesting articles. I especially
enjoyed Jim's trip report to Racetrack Playa (aka "The Racetrack")
as well as the news of their successful recovery of not one but TWO
meteorites from Silurian Dry Lake in California. These are the 2nd
and 3rd meteorite finds at Silurian (the first was by Bob Verish --
an LL6 -- a few years back). One of their finds is certainly unpaired
to Bob's LL6, so the playa now has at least two falls to its name.

Silurian is one of many locations that is encorporated into my
Mojave Desert recovery statistics, so each new find there ratchets
up my global annual fall rate estimate. Silurian had been under-
performing relative to its size and surface quality, so it is
reassuring that the number of unpaired finds there has now doubled
and possibly tripled. (For a lake of Silurian's size, I would
expect roughly five unique meteorites).

Some other gems in the November "issue" are Michael Blood's 4th
installment of Meteorite Market Trends, an excellent interview
with Rob Elliott (including a number of terrific images), and more
great pictures under Martin Horejsi's "The Accretion Desk".
There is sure to be something in this issue for everyone, so
take Jim's advice: pop some popcorn, sit back and enjoy!

http://www.meteoritetimes.com/

--Rob

-------------------------------1068334403

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Hi,&nbsp;gang&nbsp; -</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rob Matson is having difficulty posting to the list, and asked me to fo=
rward this to everyone....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Gregory</DIV>
<DIV>_______________________________________________</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hi All,<BR><BR>For those that haven't read the latest MeteoriteTimes of=
fering from<BR>Paul and Jim, it's packed full of interesting articles.&nbsp;=
 I especially<BR>enjoyed Jim's trip report to Racetrack Playa (aka "The Race=
track")<BR>as well as the news of their successful recovery of not one but T=
WO<BR>meteorites from Silurian Dry Lake in California.&nbsp; These are the 2=
nd<BR>and 3rd meteorite finds at Silurian (the first was by Bob Verish --<BR=
>an LL6 -- a few years back).&nbsp; One of their finds is certainly unpaired=
<BR>to Bob's LL6, so the playa now has at least two falls to its name.<BR><B=
R>Silurian is one of many locations that is encorporated into my<BR>Mojave D=
esert recovery statistics, so each new find there ratchets<BR>up my global a=
nnual fall rate estimate.&nbsp; Silurian had been under-<BR>performing relat=
ive to its size and surface quality, so it is<BR>reassuring that the number=20=
of unpaired finds there has now doubled<BR>and possibly tripled.&nbsp; (For=20=
a lake of Silurian's size, I would<BR>expect roughly five unique meteorites)=
.<BR><BR>Some other gems in the November "issue" are Michael Blood's 4th<BR>=
installment of Meteorite Market Trends, an excellent interview<BR>with Rob E=
lliott (including a number of terrific images), and more<BR>great pictures u=
nder Martin Horejsi's "The Accretion Desk".<BR>There is sure to be something=
 in this issue for everyone, so<BR>take Jim's advice: pop some popcorn, sit=20=
back and enjoy!<BR><BR>http://www.meteoritetimes.com/<BR><BR>--Rob </DIV></B=