[meteorite-list] Lunar eclipse

From: Bob King <lakewind_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:45 2004

Hi Michael,
Am watching it here from Duluth, MN. where we have clear skies and 7
degrees. During totality 2/3 of the disk was a nice deep pumpkin orange
through the scope (rusty red with the eye) and bordered by grayish-blue
just within the southern limb. To the eye the southern edge of the moon
remained a straw yellow during totality. It was so nice to see the light
slowly come back and the shadows of the trees return after totality. My
daughter -- who also enjoys meteorites ;-) helped me take some
multiple exposures. Great time. I hope you had more clearings at least
enough to see total. How about other list members -- any impressions?
Thanks,
Bob