FW: [meteorite-list] Stange Happenings in the Shop

From: Charles Viau <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:46 2004

This sure sounds like a powdered reduction of Aqua Regia - Combo of HCL
and Nitric acid that is somehow powdered (I think by using ammonia, but
not sure) which can then be mixed into water. Extremely dangerous stuff,
and produces phosgene gas.... It is used in VERY WEAK solution, with
voltage, to dissolve and plate gold and Platinum.... also a great
cleaning solution with probably 1/1000th of the strength that you
used...say no more. Obviously, anytime this stuff is used, you need
ventilation that roars. You are a very lucky person. I would go find
the idiot that sold you that and stop him before he kills someone.

CharlyV