[meteorite-list] Who know the email of this idiot?

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:48 2004

RE: http://www.x-mail.net/proudtom/index.html

Met Central Folks,

When I first read the page I thought, "Wow! Another fine example of a
happy meteorite
collector wanting to share his enthusiasm about his hobby, show some of
the outstanding
specimens in his collection, and revel in the camaraderie that this fine
avocation tends to
instill amongst its members."

It was then pointed out to me that this fine webpage was perhaps a
parody, a 'spoof',
if you will. I was aghast! Perhaps I was the 'sucker ' that was born
during my particular
minute. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't stay away from carnival
sideshows. I then thought,
"Why would 'Tom Proudest Member Peregrineflier aka James Knudson'
publish such a
page if some of it might be construed to be downright tawdry and perhaps
hurtful of some
of his fellow collectors"?

While pondering that, an email forwarded by Dave Freeman conveyed a
message from 'Tom
Proudest Member Peregrineflier aka James Knudson yada, yada, yada',
hisself, disclaiming
authorship of the webpage. Sonufagun! That twist hadn't occurred to me.
The puzzlement
deepened as I worked to wrap my mind around the concept that 'Tom
Proudest Member
Peregrineflier aka James Knudson yada, yada, yada', hisself, might not
be the guilty party.
It must, therefore, be somebody else.

Well, all I can tell you is that after several minutes of deep
reflection and consideration on
the matter, I think I have narrowed the list of suspects to 3... no,
better make that 500
suspects. But I feel certain that with time and due diligence the
'evildoer' will be rooted
out and exposed. Or maybe not.

It's hard for me to express the utter disappointment I feel that the
webpage wasn't truthful
and "as represented on the face of it". It was such a great testimonial
to the 'world of
meteorites' and the many joys associated with it.

Jerry Wallace
Odessa, Texas