[meteorite-list] Chixculub material testing

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:48 2004

Dear List Members,

We received some samples of the Chixculub material that is being marketed on
eBay as being meteoritic. We submitted them to the University of Washington
for testing. In order to have this material tested in a timely matter we
are personally picking up the expenses for the thin-section preparation,
microprobe lab testing and official study next Wednesday. We will let
everybody know the definitive results late Wednesday evening.

It is our personal opinion that material should never be sold if there is
any question about it being from an authentic meteorite and collectors
willing to bid on such material should expect to take a loss.

All the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185