[meteorite-list] Chixculub material testing

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:48 2004

Hi Mike and List,

I agree that a lot of these types of things are fraud. In no way did we
ever consider it was from the actual impact event 65 million years ago.
Since these particles are magnetic, pass the nickel test and people only
have two weeks to get a refund if they do not prove out we thought they
deserved testing. If nothing else, this will demonstrate the importance of
testing before releasing any material assumed to be new. Maybe some
valuable lessons will be learned about jumping the gun or maybe not as
Shirokovsky proved.

All the best,

Adam