[meteorite-list] Poor humour alert (OT)

From: chris sharp <casper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:50 2004

The posse had assembled, hats low over their brows,
for no one wanted to be seen
as the one who had done the deed.

The Cuckoo Gang from Fairyland
had assembled you see,
to get that blasted Italian
who had caused such misery.

Their fearless leader lay low in Tucson,
wounded he was you see
by that fearsome giant Italian from the Mediteranean Sea.

A lone voice rose up,
enough, this isn't funny,
you're a bunch of bullies
hounding just one Eytie.

Astounded, they pounded, their fingers to the keys,
whose this little Aussie bleeder
criticizing the land of the free?

Bulldust they roared
the blood rushing to their heads,
we'll jump through hoops to prove our superiority.

A few lone voices rose up,
why pound the poor blokes into the dust?
But the gang rolled on, not a shred of decency.
No stopping the Cuckoo Gang from Fairyland in the land of the free.

Sunday came and went,
no rest there was to be.
For the job was to be done,
until no dissenters there were to be.
It WAS funny, you see!

No honesty, no decency, no holds were barred,
the Gang knew they had them on the ropes.
No mercy you see.
That dangerous Italian was going places we all hope we'll never see.

And when the dust was settled, and light began to shine,
That little bloody Aussie thought he'd try for a laugh,
just to see
if the Cuckoo Gang from Fairyland had a sense of humour.
We'll see.

chris sharp