[meteorite-list] Authentic Moon Rock *g*

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:50 2004

We know what a true meteorite is.

And we know that this is not a lunar meteorite.

But we cannot convince eBay, or these sellers
otherwise.

That is the biggest problem I have with eBay meteorite
auctions.

These kind of things.

And there is really nothing we can do about it, other
than know the source.

I wonder how many meteorwrongs are sold as meteorites
at eBay?

And then there are those authentic meteorites sold by
unknowns being represented as a meteorite from such
and such a place, when in fact they might not be as
represented.

Know the source.

For us that is the only way.

But for those "new collectors" out there?

I fear that they don't have a clue.

Steve Schoner/ams