[meteorite-list] Exhibition Ping-Pong im All (Ping-Pong in Space)

From: Beda Hofmann <beda.hofmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:54 2004

Dear meteorite afficionados

I would like to bring your attention to a new exhibition entitled

Ping-Pong im All (Ping-Pong in Space)

Inaugurated yesterday evening and open to the public from today, Nov. 28,
until end of September 2004, at the
Natural History Museum Bern, Bernastrasse 15, Bern, Switzerland.

Ping-Pong stands for interplanetary travel of space probes and meteorites....

There is information about onging Mars missions (with a 1:1 model of the
Beagle 2 lander) and fossil microbial traces of life as one would like to
find it on Mars.

The meteorite part features samples from our expeditions to Oman (including
the main masses of Mars meteorite SaU 094 and the Lunar meteorite SaU 169).
Loans from private collections and museums complete the meteorite part.
There are samples from 14 (independent) Mars meteorites and 5 Lunar
meteorites.

Also on exhibit are the main masses of the two Twannberg meteorites from
Switzerland, the original mass found 1984 and a second mass found on an
attic in the vialleg of Twann in 2000. Both are in possesion of our museum
now.

The exhibition is in german language. There is a website with some further
information (also in german):

http://www.esa.int/export/esaCP/SEMURGXLDMD_Switzerland_ge_0.html

With best regards

Beda Hofmann