[meteorite-list] Weight VS Size ? Specific Gravity values?

From: E.J <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:54 2004

Tom aka James Knudson wrote:

>Hello List, as some of you know, I am putting together a mini individual
>collection. I have a 2.8 gram NWA xxxx (L6) and a 2.72 gram Allende. The
>Allende is huge compared to the NWA. Is that an metal content issue?
> By the way, I am looking for more nice individuals this size, and irons
>around 4 grams, if you have any for sell let me know off list. : )
>Thanks, Tom
>Peregrineflier <><
>Yea, that's right,
>The proudest member of the IMCA # 6168

Tom brought up something I have been trying to assemble or "Bum" off of
another researcher on the list. Does anyone have a chart of average
density/SG and ranges for the meteortite classes?
And Yes Tom this is largely the metal differences both free metal and
metalic compounds between the carbonaceous class and other chondrites.

Elton