[meteorite-list] List Apology

From: Grant L. Elliott <gle_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:43 2004

Mike,

I believe the essence of the issue is that this info is indisputably/beyond
a doubt public info. But some individuals are sensitive about data gathered
on them (Big Brother issue and the like) and the situation evolves to one of
personal sensitivities. The info may be available in the public realm, but
some people may feel very threatened or invaded about their affairs
(Business or otherwise) being tracked, however availalable this data
is.Under these circumstances, the question is: Does one care about the
sensitivities of the few people who do really object to the spotlight of
gathered public data? It is ultimately an issue of human relations, which
each person has to answer for themslves.
As for me personally, I think the ability to gather info like this is
fascinating (Of course, I'm not a seller)-

Regards, Grant Elliott