[meteorite-list] To all

From: Bernhard <rendelius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:19 2004

If it's to all, it's to me too :-).

Frankly, I don't give a damn about who has found which meteorite, if it
was an Italian, a Portuguese or an American. I am glad that it was
found, preserved for scientific studies and for being added to my
collection :-). Other than that, the fame for having found one seldom
leaves the circle of those who are hunting meteorites, and thus is
rather self contained. Personally, I wouldn't base my ego on what I do
(for example finding meteorites), but rather on what I am (like caring,
loving, thoughtful) - but that=92s a very personal remark and I
acknowledge that others might see this differently.

This discussion was based on who sells what for how much, and who
complains about whom for selling high or low. As a buyer I'd say: Sell
as high as you can, because I will buy as low as I can :-). That's what
happens on a marketplace like eBay. Not that I think that this is a good
thing (actually, I think it was the sellers who ruined the market, but
that's another story), but this is the way it is. I think there is no
need to complain. If something is too pricey for your taste, don't buy
it. For example, Matteo, I didn't buy your 0.8g Alfianello for =8880,
because I found it too pricey. And I bought Greg's 6.3g NWA 1879 for
app. $22 because I found it a real bargain. Next time, things might be
different - but it's your right to sell an Alfianello for =88100/g, and =
would never complain. I wouldn't complain about someone selling it for
=8850/g either :-).

To sum it up: I think that everybody can sell things he owns for prices
he wants to sell for. I can accept or reject the offer. And that's how
prices are made.

Regards,
Bernhard