[meteorite-list] Meteorite? New listed

From: steve <g2tdogs_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:19 2004

Just subscribed to this list and I must say it's something of it's own
meteorite as I read; hot and gassy! Oh well my issue is how to determine
if I do have one; that was found in San Juan Capistrano, CA. Now I am
going to describe it the best I can, after reading some;

"It appears to be a chrodrule of igneous pyroxene, believed to not be in
situ and is of heavy density, non-magnetic and cannot be broken. It's
1.24kg/2.75lb; 12cm long; 8cm. High and 6.5cm wide. I have taken a
digital photo of it but I see we are not allowed attachments. Where do I
go and who do I see about this? I hope my ignorance on this subject
offends no one. Help, educated advice etc will be appreciated. Thanks in
advance.
                        Regards, Steve Estrada