[meteorite-list] Indian Meteorite- anyone going-Travel WARNING for the area.

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:20 2004

Hi Dave and all,

I can personally vouch for Atul's sincerity and kindness and just wanting to help
anyone wanting to go over there and hunt. It never hurts to have contacts and I know
that Atul's only motivation was and is for peoples safety as well as getting them to
the fall more effectively. Every country has it protocols and customs (drinking goat
milk or was that eating goat meat, was it goat meat?? :-) and it is a good idea to
know them if you go there. Better to have friends helping you out than have something
bad happen trying to track meteorites down. It can sometimes be dangerous.

Atul is a collector/aficionado and has bought some nice specimens from me and educates
with them. I know the Calumet Astronomical Society thinks highly of him as well.

I agree Dave that if the hunters planned to go they would have had the tickets bought
but it still wouldn't be too late to contact Atul and let him help you out. Many of
the hunters check the mailing list from remote sites. All my best!

--AL