[meteorite-list] Indian Meteorite- anyone going-Travel WARNING for the area.

From: Ron Hartman <RNHARTMA_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:20 2004

The Indian government has a publication (a copy of which I obtained from
Mike Farmer) on that country's archive of meteorites for research. In it
they state the gvt. policy that all meteorites found in that country are
property of the gvt. BY LAW and can be traded only by their research
facilities. Anyone have an update on this policy?

Ron Hartman