[meteorite-list] re: Another Witness Photographs The UK Fireball

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:21 2004

Hello

I live at 1 km from the Venice Airport, I have see
many aircraft trail but never see a similar trail of
this type, and I have see the trails with sun, night,
sunset etc....but never see a similar effect.
Regards

Matteo

--- Bjørn Sørheim <bsoerhei_at_online.no> wrote:
> Hello Marco,
> Well a lot of people was shure the boy have faked
> the picture.
> Well, it's proven now he didn't!
> I wonder why you now suddenly are shure it's an
> aircraft?
> A lot of people are rather more shure it's a meteor.
>
> Have you heard of a terminal burst at great heights.
> I think it should be very easy to triangulate that
> burst,
> if it's over say 15 km or something it's not an
> aircraft, for
> shure...
> Also it appeared at a time of many other fireballs.
> There was also a very bright fireball reported in
> Norway
> om Monday evening the 29th which appeared in the
> newspaper.
> Some people truly want only to debunk the unusual.
>
> Regards,
> Bjørn Sørheim
>
> At 19:26 03.10.03 +0200, you wrote:
> >
> >This is a very clear picture and the verdict is now
> clear: not a fake, but
> >also certainly not a meteoritic fireball, of that I
> am sure.
> >
> >This is an aircraft trail either showing a 'false
> sun' due to refracted
> >sunlight (i.e. a halo phenomena), or otherwise the
> suggestions on the BBC
> >website that it might concern a military aircraft
> dumping fuel and then
> >igniting it with its afterburner is correct.
> >
> >- Marco Langbroek

> >Marco Langbroek
> >
> >marco.langbroek_at_wanadoo.nl
> >meteorites_at_dmsweb.org
> >http://home.wanadoo.nl/marco.langbroek

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com