[meteorite-list] Images of UK contrail (not fireball)

From: Martin <Martin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:21 2004

Hi,
I lived 20 years near to an airport too, jet contrails never end abrupt in
the sky. Tom is right.
And if the "fireball" would be a reflection shining upon the airplane, so
that it's not visible, at least the contrail would be more sharply defined
and in most cases divided directely behind the airplane.
If I remeber right, the sonic boom of the Neuschwanstein fall was heard
quite a time after the light was extinguished and was a local event and not
heard through the phase of the fiery flying phase of the meteorid. So
perhaps, does anybody knows already the track?, it happened over the Sea.
People's observations? - well our civilisation is based on sitting 6 hours
per day in front of the TV, especially in the evening..... My thoughts, I go
back to watch TV... Martin A.