[meteorite-list] India Fall

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:21 2004

Dear List Members,

We were politely invited to team up on the India fall which excited us at
first. We looked into it and decided we will hold off for awhile. We will
wait to see if Mike Farmer and his group can successfully and legally remove
this material from the country. It does not make sense to pursue this fall
for us when trade permits have not been issued for previous falls in this
country. It seems the government is happy to study their own meteorites and
does not seem willing to share unless you are willing to trade lunar
straight across for a common chondrite, no thanks! It is beginning to
remind me of the Canadian policies regarding meteorites. We truly wish
those who are willing to give it a try, good luck. If the Indian government
loosens up their policies it seems it could be a pretty exciting trip.

All the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185