[meteorite-list] Attention, more ebay SPOOF emails

From: DNAndrews <DNAndrews_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:23 2004

Dabo and list,
There is also a PayPal spoof that has/is making the rounds. I've
received a couple of those at my old email addy. Just remember that
neither eBay nor PayPal will ever email you and ask for any submissions
of private information. It's up to you to go to their secure, encrypted
site to update any of that info The PayPal spoof website/URL I traced
back the UK as the origin. Beware, these hackers, scammers, and virus
creators are getting more and more sophisticated.

As another warning, I'd suggest anyone using Windows ME or greater to
download all the latest Microsoft Security Patches too. Firewalls
aren't a bad idea either, especially if you are using a DSL or Cable
connection. Even though you don't have your browser or email program
open, you are STILL connected to the net if your computer and modem are on.

Bestest,
Dave