[meteorite-list] Park Forest area cloud statistics

From: dlj0202_at_access-4-free.com <dlj0202_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:24 2004

Hello List,

I just spoke with the Midwest Climate Center, and got
further information regarding the cloud ceiling in the
Chicago area. They didn't have specific information for
Park Forest, but did provide cloud height for Lansing and
Midway Airport (north of Park Forest), and Romeoville and
Joliet (west of Park Forest). The heights for the overcast
cloud layer around 11:50PM Mar. 26th, which is the heighest
layer measured, is as follows for those locations:

Lansing: 6000ft
Midway: 9000ft
Romeoville: 10000ft
Joliet: 9000ft

And the original data given to me for Darien, Il (northwest
of Park Forest), which is where I was when I saw the bolide
extinguish below the cloud deck, was 7000ft.

Dave Johnson