[meteorite-list] Too many List Big Brothers!!!!

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:24 2004

Hello List, In my defense, the IMCA states;

"The single purpose of this association is AUTHENTICITY. That is, to make
certain that ALL our members adhere to the highest standards of meteorite
identification, authenticity, and proper labeling practices. This is done
via "self monitoring". We, the membership, monitor each other's activities
for accuracy, and it is every IMCA member's responsibility, and pleasure, to
offer help and assistance to other members to assure this accuracy occurs"

"proper labeling practices"? When there is a ebay add saying something is
"huge" I think that is improper labeling. If 144g' is huge for a GB, then
what are these two, giants? (also note, less than $1 per gram)
http://www.nyrockman.com/pages/sale-goldbasin-groups.htm

If these two are giants, what would you call the 3000g main mass?

And the part;
"We, the membership, monitor each other's activities for accuracy, and it is
every IMCA member's responsibility, and pleasure, to offer help and
assistance to other members to assure this accuracy occurs"

I think it is my responsibility to do!

Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168