[meteorite-list] Fwd: Pardon me, dude

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:25 2004

--part1_19a.1b7bb767.2cb9d395_boundary

-------------------------------1065908629

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f"></BODY></HTML>

-------------------------------1065908629--

--part1_19a.1b7bb767.2cb9d395_boundary

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com
Full-name: MARSROX
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:42:45 EDT
Subject: Pardon me, dude
To: bobe5531_at_comcast.net

-------------------------------1065908565

Bob Evans:

I don't recognize your name, aside from being a restaurant with daily "early
bird " specials, and would encourage you in the future to research the people
you address before directing ignorant, child-like public messages in their
direction.

FYI - I've twice been to India for a month at a time on my way to
mountaineering in Nepal, so I do know something of the country. I've also twice led
expeditions to Bolivia (you can read about them in several issues of Meteorite
Magazine) where we found Sevaruyo, Bolivia's first authenticated meteorite at
probably the highest altitude a meteorite has ever been recovered. I hope that
addresses the "balls" issue.

I travel to Costa Rica several times a year where I own a second house. I'll
be in France for a couple of weeks next November for a vacation. I assure you
I can "afford" a little trip to India if I care to go.

Bob Haag is a friend of mine (is he a friend of yours?) and he didn't break
any Nigerian laws regarding Zagami.

I'm addressing a serious point. The hobby of meteorites has devolved to a
point that makes it acceptable for people to intentionally break the laws of the
country and be applauded by some for their efforts. Adults consider this very
bad and people go to jail for less. The jails in India are far less
comfortable than the life we've read about. I hope that Mike is indeed seeking out a
legal mechanism to remove the meteorite fragment from India.

Apparently it's a all bit beyond your comprehension, dude.

If anyone else is confused by the issue I'd appreciate that they write me
direct.

Kevin Kichinka

-------------------------------1065908565

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Bob Evans:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I don't recognize your name, aside from being a restaurant with daily "=
early bird " specials, and would encourage you in the future to research the=
 people&nbsp;you address before directing&nbsp;ignorant, child-like public m=
essages in their direction. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>FYI - I've twice been to India for a month at a time on my way to&nbsp;=
mountaineering in Nepal, so I do know something of the country. I've also tw=
ice led expeditions to Bolivia (you can read about them in several issues of=
 Meteorite Magazine) where we found Sevaruyo, Bolivia's first authenticated=20=
meteorite at probably the highest altitude a meteorite has ever been recover=
ed. I hope that addresses the "balls" issue.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I travel to Costa Rica several times a year where&nbsp;I own a second h=
ouse. I'll be in France for a couple of weeks next November for a vacation.=20=
I assure you I can "afford" a little trip to India if I care to go. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bob Haag is a friend of mine (is he a friend of yours?) and he didn't b=
reak any Nigerian laws regarding Zagami.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm addressing a serious point. The hobby of meteorites has devolved to=
 a point that makes it acceptable for people to intentionally break the laws=
 of the country and be applauded by some for their efforts. Adults consider=20=
this&nbsp;very bad and people go to jail for less. The jails in India are fa=
r less comfortable than the life we've read about. I hope that Mike is indee=
d seeking out a legal mechanism to remove the meteorite fragment from India.=
 </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Apparently it's a all bit beyond your comprehension, dude.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If anyone else is confused by the issue I'd appreciate that they write=20=
me direct.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Kevin Kichinka</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>