[MeteoriteCollectors] Re: [meteorite-list] Re: Pardon me, dude

From: STUARTATK_at_aol.com <STUARTATK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:26 2004

--part1_16e.24e312ad.2cba8e8f_boundary

meteoriteguy_at_yahoo.com writes:

> I hope other Italians are not like you.

Mike,

As my best friend - who now lives in Italy - married an Italian girl, and I
was lucky enough to be invited over there to be his Best Man and had an amazing
time (I think, there was so much wine a lot of the wedding reception is a bit
of a blur to be honest...!), I can assure you that Italians are generous,
family-loving, passionate and considerate peple on the whole. True, they drive
like absolute lunatics, and have tempers that can ignite like a Saturn 5 engine,
and can't walk past a shop window without checking themselves out (but you
can't blame them for that when 99% of them look like they've just come off a
catwalk anyway ;-) I think they must ship all the ugly kids off to some island
somewhere, cos seriously, everyone is a supermodel; walking down an Italian
street is so distracting it's unbelievable..! ) but you'll be hard pressed to meet
a more welcoming people, believe me. I know you're being severely provoked
here, by some truly disgraceful and despicable insults, but don't tar them all
with the same brush, ok? That's like saying all we Brits are umbrella-carrying,
pinstripe-suit wearing, bowler-hatted hee-haws... or that all Americans are
Hawaiian shirt-wearing, burger-chomping, gun-toting... well, you get the idea.
Stereotypes... dangerous things, you know?

The world's an angry enough place right now as it is without hurling this
kind of language about. It's hard not to rise to it, I know, but in situations
like this there's much more dignity in taking a deep breath and not stooping to
the other guy's level. I think - no, I know - you're a better man than that.

Take care out there, and forget this nonsense and just try to keep your mind
on getting out - and back here to your friends on the List - in one piece, ok?
:-)

Stu

--part1_16e.24e312ad.2cba8e8f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 12/10/2003 11:43:34 GMT Daylight Ti=
me, meteoriteguy_at_yahoo.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I hope other Italians are not l=
ike you.&nbsp; <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Mike,<BR>
<BR>
As my best friend - who now lives in Italy - married an Italian girl, and I=20=
was lucky enough to be invited over there to be his Best Man and had an amaz=
ing time (I think, there was so much wine a lot of the wedding reception is=20=
a bit of a blur to be honest...!), I can assure you that Italians are genero=
us, family-loving, passionate and considerate peple on the whole. True, they=
 drive like absolute lunatics, and have tempers that can ignite like a Satur=
n 5 engine, and can't walk past a shop window without checking themselves ou=
t (but you can't blame them for that when 99% of them look like they've just=
 come off a catwalk anyway ;-) I think they must ship all the ugly kids off=20=
to some island somewhere, cos seriously, everyone is a supermodel; walking d=
own an Italian street is so distracting it's unbelievable..! ) but you'll be=
 hard pressed to meet a more welcoming people, believe me. I know you're bei=
ng severely provoked here, by some truly disgraceful and despicable insults,=
 but don't tar them all with the same brush, ok? That's like saying all we B=
rits are umbrella-carrying, pinstripe-suit wearing, bowler-hatted hee-haws..=
. or that all Americans are Hawaiian shirt-wearing, burger-chomping, gun-tot=
ing... well, you get the idea. Stereotypes... dangerous things, you know? <B=

<BR>
The world's an angry enough place right now as it is without hurling this ki=
nd of language about. It's hard not to rise to it, I know, but in situations=
 like this there's much more dignity in taking a deep breath and not stoopin=
g to the other guy's level. I think - no, I know - you're a better man than=20=
that. <BR>
<BR>
Take care out there, and forget this nonsense and just try to keep your mind=
 on getting out - and back here to your friends on the List - in one piece,=20=
ok? :-)<BR>
<BR>
Stu<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_16e.24e312ad.2cba8e8f_boundary--