[meteorite-list] Another note about this place.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:26 2004

I gave a nice sum of money to the red cross here
today, they are helping the relief efforts.
In the news was a terrible report, reminding me of the
plagues of the old testiment. As if the floods are not
bad enough, now the snakes are killing scores of
people. With almost every inch of ground under water,
millions of snakes including King Cobras, are swarming
all the dry land, which happens to be where the people
are crowding as well, and people are being bitten and
dieing all over from snakebites. the rice crops are
ruined, and will take months to replant and mature.
If any of you want, please make a small donation to
the red cross, they help so many people all over the
world. I saw 20 or 30 snakes today, most dead, killed
on the roads, but some alive, all small, no cobras,
but my driver assured me all were very dangerous. I
also saw a spider today that was hanging in a web, but
was larger than my hand! not a taruntula, but a
friggen spider that big, it scared the crap out of me,
as I am terribly frightened of spiders. ill have
nightmares about it tonight.
Mike