[meteorite-list] New Orleans 23rd Sept 2003

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:27 2004

 =0D
Hi,=0D
I MAY be acquiring up to 30g of New Orleans fragments, some crusted and=0D
mostly quite small, in the next week or so. These specimens were retrieve=
d=0D
via a big magnet from the region of the fall by a geologist who works at =
the=0D
Uni of New Orleans and given to me as a gift.=0D
I am hoping too, to have his analyses datasets too - XRDs for example, an=
d I=0D
was wondering if there was any interest on the list in acquiring some of=0D
this fresh fall - I will also endeavour to provide copies of the docs to =
any=0D
potential buyers.=0D
Now, I am jumping the gun a bit as I do not yet have this material, but I=
=0D
have been told that it will be sent to me presently. I am simply dipping =
my=0D
toe in to the water to see who wants what, if anyone.=0D
I will take some pics when I have the stuff and post you all the link so'=
s=0D
you can all review it.=0D
The only fly in the ointment is that I have NO idea of what would be an=0D
appropriate price for this material as I have only Park Forest to go on..=
=2E=0D
$100 per g alright??? Only kidding!!!=0D
It certainly will not be that sort of silly price...=0D
But firstly let's see if there is any takeup. Material may also go on eBa=
y=0D
as well.=0D
 =0D
 =0D