[meteorite-list] moderator?

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:28 2004

--0-1161579067-1066164214=:18557

That would be a great idea, too. One can do it free of charge simply by going to Yahoo's Groups and set up a list called "Ebay Meteorites."

I don't think there is such a list, but someone who really loves eBay (which I hate) can set it up, make an announcement here from time to time, say once a week the moderator of the eBay Meteorite list can post a direct link to that site and invite all that are interested to join the group where they can freely make their posts. Also, since it can be open, one would not have to join it to read and link to eBay. Just simply go there read all of the adds, and select the auctions that they want to visit.

That would free this list up for meteorite subjects alone, and not just a place for the multitude of eBay adds that flood the list with nothing more than spam.

I could try to set it up if anyone thinks it is good idea.

But please contact me privately, and not on list.

Steve Schoner/ams

Randy Mils <acculabs_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

While we are at it why don't we set up a new list for people that don't have anything better do do with their lives than police the ebay meteorite listings and bitch about it.

Randy

>From: Steve Schoner
>To: Pekka Savolainen
,Dave Harris
>CC: metlist
>Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] moderator?
>Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:31:40 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Set up a completely moderated, and closed dealer list, of dealers only.
>
>Sounds like a good idea.
>
>But will it solve the problems here?
>
>Hummm..
>
>Steve Schoner /ams

---------------------------------

--0-1161579067-1066164214=:18557

<DIV>That would be a great idea, too.&nbsp; One can do it free of charge simply by going to Yahoo's Groups and set up a list called "Ebay Meteorites."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I don't think there is such a list, but someone who really loves eBay (which I hate) can set it up, make an announcement here from time to time, say once a week the moderator of the eBay Meteorite list can post a direct link to that site and invite all that are interested to join the group where they can freely make their posts.&nbsp; Also, since it can be open, one would not have to join it to read and link to eBay.&nbsp; Just simply go there read all of the adds, and select the auctions that they want to visit.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>That would free this list up for meteorite subjects alone, and not just a place for the multitude of eBay adds that flood the list with nothing more than spam.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I could try to set it up if anyone thinks it is good idea.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But please contact me privately, and not on list.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Steve Schoner/ams<BR><BR><B><I>Randy Mils &lt;acculabs_at_hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>
<DIV>
<P>While we are at it why don't we set up a&nbsp;new&nbsp;list for people that don't have anything better do do with their lives than police the ebay meteorite listings and bitch about it.<BR><BR>Randy</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Steve Schoner <STEVE_SCHONER_at_YAHOO.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: Pekka Savolainen <PEKKA.SAVOLAINEN_at_DLC.FI>,Dave Harris <ENTROPYDAVE@NTLWORLD.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;CC: metlist <METEORITE-LIST_at_METEORITECENTRAL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] moderator?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 07:31:40 -0700 (PDT)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Set up a completely moderated, and closed dealer list, of dealers only.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sounds like a good idea.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;But will it solve the problems here?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Hummm..
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Steve Schoner /ams
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>
<HR>
<A href="http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2737??PS=">Send instant messages to anyone on your contact list with MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! </A>______________________________________________ Meteorite-list mailing list Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list</BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1161579067-1066164214=:18557--