[meteorite-list] Glorieta Mountain??

From: Ron Hartman <RNHARTMA_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:30 2004

I have a number of both Taza and Glorieta Mountain individuals and cut &
etched individuals on my website. Some only a few gm., but up to a few
hundred g. Yes, they are so similar...even to flow lines and remnants of
fusion crust. I cut a number of the respective lots I purchased and etched
a few of them to be sure, and they are what they were claimed to be. Many
of the Glorieta Mtn. show various amounts of olivine through the crusts.
But the etch is very characteristic, even on little ones of a few g. and
those Glorietas not showing any olivine. There have been a lot of Glorietas
available on the market all of a sudden but the ones I have seen have turned
out to be OK. Best to cut and etch if in doubt! (And of course insist on
a guarantee of authenticity from unknown sources.)

Ron Hartman
www.meteorite1.com