[meteorite-list] RUSSELL GULCH

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:30 2004

Hi Steve,
        Instead of using this list as a reference manual, perhaps you would
be interested in investing in one of the following:

1) Catalogue of Meteorites 5th. Ed. - This will tell you EVERYTHING about
every fall and find to date of publication. This is the "OED" of meteorites.
About $165?

2) Meteorites A to Z - While this is a highly abbreviated version of
the above, it gives you Type, TKW, date of fall or find, etc. - I believe
it is a mere $20 (a fabulous buy!)

3) ARN's History of Meteorites - though now somewhat "outdated" it
gives you something in between the raw data of A to Z and the total
picture of the Catalog. Used to be $75 - perhaps available much cheaper
now, with a few years under its belt. I still use it frequently for historic
falls and finds when I don't want to wrestle with the giant Catalog.

        If you had ANY of these, nearly any and all questions you have would
be at your finger tips. AT LEAST get A to Z - it will give you most of what
you want instantly, is fabulously easy to use, the most recent edition is
amazingly up to date and it is so cheap it is almost free!
        PLEASE let us know if you will be taking this "giant leap" into
information independence or if you intend to continually ask list members
to do your research for you. Such requests are, of course, completely
acceptable on occasion - when something is yet to appear in one of these
texts - or, even rarely, when one misplaces one's own reference(s) - but
to make such requests on an ongoing basis is a failure to take personal
responsibility.
    Those of us who know you, know you are a "good guy" who just
sometimes seems oblivious to the obvious (I have the same problem myself,
Steve, so I can relate). This is one such instance. Please get yourself a
reference manual. Then, when you can't find something, don't hesitate
to ask the list. But don't just use the list INSTEAD of getting your own
reference guide, OK?
        Thanks, Michael

on 10/16/03 5:13 AM, Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! at steve_arnol60120_at_yahoo.com
wrote:

> Hi there list.I just aquired a piece of RUSSELL GULCH from colorado.Could
> someone please tell me something about this very nice colorado piece?
>
> steve arnold
>
> =====
> Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120
> I. M. C. A. MEMBER #6728
> Illinois Meteorites
> website url http://stormbringer60120.tripod.com
> http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/illinoismeteorites/

Don't accept rides from strange men, and remember that all men are strange.
    Robin Morgan
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--