[meteorite-list] NWA is Far Better Than Antarctica

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:30 2004

------=_NextPart_000_1227_01C393FC.F42C6E20

Hi Kevin and List members,

Since planetary meteorites are well documented in both the Saharan and =
Antarctic collections I used them for comparative purposes. It is =
simply amazing what is coming out of Northwest Africa. A lot of =
collectors believe that the stones recovered from the ice are for some =
reason pristine. If you look at the weathering grade system used for =
Antarctic meteorites (A,B,C) and look in the data base you will see that =
a good portion are well weathered. I am not saying that weathering is =
not an issue with the dry desert finds because it is. I am stating that =
a lot of very fresh (W0/1) material has been pulled from the desert and =
I think this fact should not go unnoticed.

Thank you for asking why I feel NWAs are so important. I hope you do =
not mind me sharing this with the List because I feel it is a good =
question. I posted a list of planetary meteorites a couple of months =
ago when members were asking about pairing ratios, Antarctic versus NWA.

All the best,

Adam

  ----- Original Message -----=20