[meteorite-list] Boom-Crash-Bang-The Worden Meteorite]

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:30 2004

Hi Tracy:
This is the Worden meteorite that crashed through Mr. Fosters garage and
damaged his car. We purchased the main mass of 1496g yesterday directly
from Mr. Foster. Two other pieces broke off the main mass upon impact
weighed about 20g and are currently in research institutions. The main
mass has red paint on it from the car. I will post more on this at some
point and will probably write up something for Meteorite! magazine. It
is a VERY interesting story.
Worden fell on Sept 1., 1997. It is listed in the Meteoritical Bulletin.

Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites