[meteorite-list] NWA is Far Better Than Antarctica

From: Rafael B. Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:31 2004

Hello everyone!!!!
I think this is the eternal question since NWA arrived, what is better NWA
or Antartic meteorites???.....The answer???...it depends. What I personally
think is that there is no better, nor worst, after all they are meteorites
and meteorites come from Space. They were born in the same place with the
very same material, though not all meteorites had the fortune to fall in a
white place covered by ice, what I meant is that not all meteorites had the
fortune of falling in a place where only scientists would fully uncover
their secrets. Meteorites didnt have the choice of choosing where to fall,
nor humans as picking the house to be borned...does that make a human better
than other???, just because one was borned in a huge house and another was
born in the street? The same is with metorites!!!!....they are all the same
and have the same information there are no better nor worst.

Then, where does the path separate to tell what is better and what is
worst?...Only when we, humans, interact with them. I think there is the
absolute answer (above), but two perspectives: The scientists and reduced
budget collectors. Scientists would like meteorites to fall only in
Antartica and I thanks meteorites for keep on falling in North West Africa
=) after all we can touch rocks from Space at lower prices and thus enjoy
beautiful expensive specimens from Antartica and other locations...

Rafael Blando Torres
Space Collection 2001