[meteorite-list] Question about NWA 1827 pairing

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:31 2004

Hello Everybody,

The List sure has been very pleasant lately, a nice change. About NWA 1879,
I believe it is paired with NWA 1827 and a few others. Three scientists
came to the same conclusion regarding this Mesosiderite. It is believed to
be an ultra rare 2C. This is a very confusing situation because at least
two other Mesosiderites which are not paired to each other have shown up in
the last year and a half. As a matter of fact the scientists are referring
to them as "The Mess of Mesos" and are still trying to figure out TKWs and
other pertinent data. At first it was believed there was 80 kilos of NWA
1827 but the real figure is less because several masses where counted twice.
This happened because they changed ownership and were reported twice. As
more data becomes available we would be happy to update the List.

All the best,

Adam Hupe