[meteorite-list] Silicates in Taza

From: Fred Olsen <debfred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:31 2004

List,
While I was in Tucson this year I was looking through a box of nice Taza
specimens in Bruno's room when I noticed one that seemed a little less dense
than the others and looked like it might have some silicate inclusions. It
is a nice little oriented columniner individual with radiating flow lines on
the small end. It is covered with crust, rust, and caliche and I had
forgotten about it until the comment on the list. I will try to find it and
give you a report after closer examination.
Regards, Fred