[meteorite-list] Collecting Habits, a walk down memory lane (long)

From: Walter Branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:33 2004

Elton,

Dang, man. Expand your post to cover pre-internet days, add some photos,
interview a few people, produce a table of contents, design a dust jacket
(or not - I hate dust jackets), and you have a book on the history of
meteorite collecting!

I think I was a bit contemporaneous with you when I started collecting. I
remember posts from Frank (getting my degree in geology) Stroik and Calvin
(esoteric) Shipbaugh. I also remember paying about $47.00 for a 47 gram
Chinese tektite! I am still partial to those old named falls and finds you
mentioned.

Best wishes,

-Walter
www.branchmeteorites.com