[meteorite-list] Sci Fi Channel Sues Air Force

From: Francis Graham <francisgraham_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:33 2004

Dear List,
 Let me begin by stating: I do not, repeat, do not
think that UFOs are piloted alien spaceships and I do
not think there is much good evidence for that
opinion. In any case, science demands a type specimen
for a new life form and ufology has yet to deliver.
  Having said that, have you guys noticed that sputnik
fragments were collected in the late 1950's and early
1960's on the ground, and after Skylab in 1979, but
there are very few fragments (if any) from in-between
years?
   This is because, I tentatively assert (which is a
way of saying this is wild speculation), the US
government was collecting pieces of Soviet spacecraft
secretly, in violation of the Outer Space Treaty the
US signed(which requires return) for the purpose of
study of Soviet technology.
   Kecksburg is an example. The thing as sketched
looks like some sort of re-entry vehicle. The "alien
writing" might well have been Russian characters. Jim
Oberg was the first to advance this hypothesis
regarding Kecksburg.
    Something was loaded on that flatbed and whisked
away, and it likely was a Soviet satellite. Unless you
believe the official line that it was a meteorite. Any
of you got any Kecksburg for sale?

Francis Graham