[meteorite-list] AW: NWA 1000

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:33 2004

Hi Mark, and List,

I'm not just focussed on planetaries, but also on
other achondrites, and especially the strange and
beautiful ones. NWA 1000 certainly qualifies in
both categories, since it's a really unusul, and
highly shocked eucrite resembling a shergottite
more than any other eucrite I know.

Have a look at my NWA 1000, 3.02 gram thin slice:

http://www.timewarp.de/new/NWA1000-3.02g.JPG

The dimensions of this sample are about 32x24x1mm.
If you want to view the reverse side of the slab,
just follow this hyperlink:

http://www.timewarp.de/new/NWA1000-3.02r.JPG

Hope this helps. It's not the main mass, but a
neat sample ;-)

Best,
Norbert