[meteorite-list] Re: Kiddy

From: FERNLEA4_at_aol.com <FERNLEA4_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:33 2004

--part1_12.3788d1f2.2cc8008f_boundary

meteoritehunter_at_comcast.net writes:

> Anyone want to deal with these freaks? They have a large sandstone piece
> worth tens of millions of pounds! Rob?

They sent me their "meteorite Kiddy" pictures a couple of weeks ago, so I
think I'll pass.
Weird emails claiming "I've found a meteorite!!!!!!" seem to have increased
recently. Some of them are pretty funny and obviously scams or
spoofs......here's a few of my favourites from recent weeks. The only editing I've done is to
remove names, email addresses, etc:

"hi,i got the reply about the picture .i tried
photographing it and it came out blank. the stone is 6
kg and 6 months old since it was discovered. the
characteristics are:very highly radioactive,when put
near a car,the car would not start.emits very bright
light.when place on soil,it digs itself in.it moves
slowly from sunlight into a shade.if touch with bear
hands it sends electric shocks."

"Got a meteor fpor sale
Urgent Ron is the Owner"

"Important Factors :
This Meteor has been continiously evapurating it's hard cosmic dust
materials.
e.g. :-> 1. When this Meteor was found 50 yrs back, it's weight was almost
approximately 250 gms . However, From that onwards, this meteor has been
continously loosing it's weight as well as continiously reducing it's size and shape
. Now Today, it's weight remains only 60 gms ."

"REIMBOLD METEORITE 1047 set in a s s pendant"

Sadly, I do have many more ;-)

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob Elliott
<A HREF="www.meteorites.uk.com">www.meteorites.uk.com</A>
Fernlea Meteorites,
The Wynd,
Off Dickson Lane,
Milton of Balgonie,
Fife. KY7 6PY
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991
Mobile: 07909-773929
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com

--part1_12.3788d1f2.2cc8008f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 22/10/03 16:02:56 GMT Daylight Time=
, meteoritehunter_at_comcast.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Anyone want to deal with these=20=
freaks?&nbsp; They have a large sandstone piece<BR>
worth tens of millions of pounds! Rob?</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
They sent me their "meteorite Kiddy" pictures a couple of weeks ago, so I th=
ink I'll pass.<BR>
Weird emails claiming "I've found a meteorite!!!!!!" seem to have increased=20=
recently. Some of them are pretty funny and obviously scams or spoofs......h=
ere's a few of my favourites from recent weeks. The only editing I've done i=
s to remove names, email addresses, etc:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
"hi,i got the reply about the picture .i tried<BR>
photographing it and it came out blank. the stone is 6<BR>
kg and 6 months old since it was discovered. the<BR>
characteristics are:very highly radioactive,when put<BR>
near a car,the car would not start.emits very bright<BR>
light.when place on soil,it digs itself in.it moves<BR>
slowly from sunlight into a shade.if touch with bear<BR>
hands it sends electric shocks."<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
"Got a meteor fpor sale<BR>
Urgent Ron is the Owner"<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
"Important Factors : <BR>
This Meteor has been continiously evapurating it's hard cosmic dust material=
s.<BR>
e.g. :-&gt; 1. When this Meteor was found 50 yrs back, it's weight was almos=
t approximately 250 gms . However, From that onwards, this meteor has been c=
ontinously loosing it's weight as well as continiously reducing it's size an=
d shape . Now Today, it's weight remains only 60 gms ."<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
"REIMBOLD METEORITE 1047 set in&nbsp; a s s&nbsp; pendant"<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Sadly, I do have many more ;-)<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
Rob.<BR>
<BR>
Rob Elliott<BR>
<A HREF=3D"www.meteorites.uk.com">www.meteorites.uk.com</A><BR>
Fernlea Meteorites,<BR>
The Wynd,<BR>
Off Dickson Lane,<BR>
Milton of Balgonie,<BR>
Fife. KY7 6PY<BR>
United Kingdom<BR>
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563<BR>
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991<BR>
Mobile: 07909-773929<BR>
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_12.3788d1f2.2cc8008f_boundary--