[meteorite-list] eBay reminder

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:36 2004

--0-1778090169-1067471349=:43927

Dave and all,

It is not an "edict" but it is my attempt to consolidate all meteorite eBay auctions to one group, then once a week, post a general invitation to all list members that auctions are starting and or ending on that day of announcement. It is an announcement group only, listing auctions that are ongoing.

If it works, it should benefit all, and also relieve the List of eBay listings that many simply delete.

In no way will this group take away from auctions already posted at eBay. In fact the auctions are listed as they were before, to a general collecting audience. The main function of this new group is to consolidate List members eBay listings into one place. The only invitation that I will make is a weekly announcement to the meteorite list, so that all can visit to view the auctions that are ongoing or to make bids.

However, if anyone is a member of another forum, such as meteor observers, astronomy clubs, whatever, feel free to provide a link to the group and thus bring more attention to your auctions. This will in no way hinder eBay meteorite auctions for they will still be listed to the general public, but I think it will expand it to serious collectors, interested in authentic meteorites.

Steve Schoner.

P.S. I do not intend to stay with the eBayMeteorites group for long, and will want to turn it over to another at a later date once I work out some of the bugs that have cropped up. I started it as an idea, not to to take away but to expand it. Tonight I will delete auctions that are no longer active, and keep on the ever growing list those that are still going.

Visit at:

Dave Harris <entropydave_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:
Hi there,
Sorry, my understanding is that this should be going to Steve Schoner's
Yahoo list, but I am not 100% sure about the efficacy yet...but I ahve the
New Orleans crusty bits for sale and closing in about 20 hours or so.
If interested then have a go at it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3239&item=2199144974

there is some Orgueil too....

thanks for your patience!

dave

IMCA #0092

--0-1778090169-1067471349=:43927

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Dave and all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It is not an "edict" but it is my attempt to consolidate all meteorite eBay auctions to one group, then once a week, post a general invitation to all list members that auctions are starting and or ending on that day of announcement.&nbsp;&nbsp; It is an announcement group only,&nbsp; listing auctions that are ongoing.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If it works, it should benefit all, and also relieve the List of eBay listings that many simply delete.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In no way will this group take away from auctions already posted at eBay.&nbsp; In fact the auctions are listed as they were before, to a general collecting audience.&nbsp; The main function of this&nbsp;new group is to consolidate List members eBay&nbsp;listings into one place.&nbsp;&nbsp; The only invitation that I will make is a weekly announcement to the meteorite list, so that all can visit to view the auctions that are ongoing or to make bids.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However, if anyone is a member of another forum, such as meteor observers, astronomy clubs, whatever, feel free to provide a link to the&nbsp;group and thus bring more attention to your auctions.&nbsp; This will in no way hinder eBay meteorite&nbsp;auctions for they will still be listed to the general public, but I think it will expand it to serious collectors,&nbsp;interested in&nbsp;authentic meteorites.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Steve Schoner.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>P.S.&nbsp; I do not intend to stay with the eBayMeteorites group for long, and will want to turn it over to another at a later date once I work out some of the bugs that have cropped up.&nbsp; I started it as an idea, not to to take away but to expand&nbsp;it. &nbsp;Tonight I will delete auctions that are no longer active, and keep on the ever growing list those that are still going.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Visit at:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eBayMeteorites/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eBayMeteorites/</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Dave Harris &lt;entropydave_at_ntlworld.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hi there,<BR>Sorry, my understanding is that this should be going to Steve Schoner's<BR>Yahoo list, but I am not 100% sure about the efficacy yet...but I ahve the<BR>New Orleans crusty bits for sale and closing in about 20 hours or so.<BR>If interested then have a go at it!<BR>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=3239&amp;item=2199144974<BR><BR>there is some Orgueil too....<BR><BR>thanks for your patience!<BR><BR><BR>dave<BR><BR>IMCA #0092 <BR><BR>______________________________________________<BR>Meteorite-list mailing list<BR>Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com<BR>http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Exclusive Video Premiere - <a href="http://launch.yahoo.com/video/?1093432&fs=1&redirectURL=http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/">Britney Spears</a>
--0-1778090169-1067471349=:43927--