[meteorite-list] Re: EBay analysis (preliminary)

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:36 2004

Hi Mike & all,
        That would be ok with me.
        I never have understood why people are so shy....
        I know a lot of people got freaked when they found out you can
look up anyone and get a satellite photo of their home. I think it's a gas.
What's the prob? If someone is plotting to steal from you, they can
certainly do it WITHOUT that photo. I looked up most of the people
I care about when I discovered that little trick. Especially fun for
people I hadn't visited since they last moved.... such as my daughter.
        Anyway, if it is public information, it is public information. I
just don't get it.
        Anyway, I thought everyone decided the eBay data was just dandy
without identifying each and every individual - so, what is this
REALLY about???
        Best wishes, Michael

on 10/30/03 9:40 AM, Michael Farmer at meteoriteguy_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Well, in that case, We could look up all oyoiur
> information that is publicly available and post it
> here. taxes, etc etc etc. Just because it is public
> if you want to try, does not mean that it should be
> posted for all to see.
> Mike Farmer
> --- Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_cox.net> wrote:
>> Jamie, Mike & all list members,
>> Any and all of you may be as offended as you
>> please, however,
>> Jamie has done absolutely nothing to violate
>> anyone's privacy. All
>> data he has provided IS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. All he has
>> done is
>> organize it in a more comprehensive manner for the
>> meteorite
>> community. If you have an issue, it is with eBay,
>> not with Jamie.
>> Additionally, I find this information both
>> interesting and
>> informative and appreciate reading it. It IS one of
>> the many topics
>> appropriate to the list - it is a definite
>> indication of one level of the
>> meteorite market and, therefore, totally appropriate
>> for the list.
>> Those who feel otherwise can always use the
>> old "delete" key.
>> Other than my statement that I, personally,
>> enjoy having
>> this information provided, the statements contained
>> here are not a matter
>> of opinion, they are matters of fact. This is public
>> information and
>> appropriate for the list. People can have all the
>> "opinions" about
>> that they want, it still won't change the reality
>> that those are facts.
>> I can be of the opinion that 2 + 2 = 3. I can be
>> offended that 2 + 2 = 4.
>> That does not mean that 2 + 2 does not = 4.
>> Sincerely, Michael Blood
>>

>> on 10/29/03 4:53 AM, Michael Farmer at
>> meteoriteguy_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I just saw this in Prague. I am quite offended
>> by
>>> the public posting of my information. If you want
>>> take the time and do that research, ok, but making
>> it
>>> public here is no one's business. DO NOTY put me
>> in
>>> that information again. It might even be against
>> ebay
>>> policy. I will research that when I get home.
>>> Mike Farmer
>>> --- RYAN PAWELSKI <yellowengine_at_earthlink.net>
>> privacy
>> obtain
>> information
>> it?

Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
Don't accept rides from strange men, and remember that all men are strange.
    Robin Morgan
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--