[meteorite-list] Louisiana fall

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:18 2004

------=_NextPart_000_01D6_01C38791.32A11110

I will give a little information, not much, if you want more, go there =
and find out, spend the $$$ to do so.=20
I was in Arkansas so luckily I just hopped a commuter plane with Gary =
Loyd and had a blast on Bourbon Street. Anyone who thinks that only =
Mardi Gras is party time needs to rethink that assumption, the party =
never stopped there.=20

   There is a meteorite, it fell and crashed a guy's home, =
unfortunately he threw the desk that it smashed, and the house debris =
including alot of meteorite pieces in the trash that day while cleaning =
up the mess. The damage has all been repaired so there are no house =
smasher artifacts to get, no cool holes to cut out and preserve, and =
last but far worse than anything else, he left almost all of the =
meteorite under the house in the damp New Orleans dirt under the house, =
for the last week, and yesterday while trying to get under, found that =
the meteorite actually damaged a water pipe and flooded under the entire =
house.
    I told him Saturday to get under there and of course volunteered, to =
no avail, now the meteorite sat there a week in water, and is severely =
damaged.=20
    He did recover 1.5 kilos of fragments from the floor and they are =
ok. This meteorite is EXTREMELY fragile, like Bjorbole or Saratov, =
Chondrite (low metal) turns to dust while handling it.=20
    As far as the stuff that was been covered in either water or sewage =
(I don't know if it was a water line or the sewage line that was =
damaged) it will be very highly damaged and perhaps melted by now. I =
will know alot more tomorrow night.=20
    There will be very little to go around if any at all. Please don't =
ask me for pieces until I offer them for sale.=20
    This could have been another spectacular fall, but he didn't know =
about meteorites so most data was lost and the destruction repaired =
without measurements or even photos!

Mike Farmer
------=_NextPart_000_01D6_01C38791.32A11110

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will give a little information, not =
much, if you=20
want more, go there and find out, spend the $$$ to do so. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was in Arkansas so luckily I just =
hopped a=20
commuter plane with Gary Loyd and had a blast on Bourbon Street. Anyone =
who=20
thinks that only Mardi Gras is party time needs to rethink that =
assumption, the=20
party never stopped there. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;There is a meteorite, =
it fell and=20
crashed&nbsp; a guy's home, unfortunately he threw the desk that it =
smashed, and=20
the house debris including alot of meteorite pieces in the trash that =
day while=20
cleaning up the mess. The damage has all been repaired so there are no =
house=20
smasher artifacts to get, no cool holes to cut out and preserve, and =
last but=20
far worse than anything else, he left almost all of the meteorite under =
the=20
house in the damp New Orleans dirt under the house, for the last week, =
and=20
yesterday while trying to get under, found that the meteorite actually =
damaged a=20
water pipe and flooded under the entire house.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I told him Saturday =
to get under=20
there and of course volunteered, to no avail, now the meteorite sat =
there a week=20
in water, and is severely damaged. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He did recover 1.5 =
kilos of=20
fragments from the floor and they are ok. This meteorite is EXTREMELY =
fragile,=20
like Bjorbole or Saratov, Chondrite (low metal) turns to dust while =
handling it.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As far as the stuff =
that was=20
been covered in either water or sewage (I don't know if it was a water =
line or=20
the sewage line that was damaged)&nbsp; it will be very highly damaged =
and=20
perhaps melted by now. I will know alot more tomorrow night. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; There will be very =
little to go=20
around if any at all. Please don't ask me for pieces until I offer them =
for=20
sale. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This could have been =
another=20
spectacular fall, but he didn't know about meteorites so most data was =
lost and=20
the destruction repaired without measurements or even =
photos!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Farmer</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01D6_01C38791.32A11110--