[meteorite-list] Recent significant larger US finds

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:49 2004

Hello all,

This is my last post on this. A couple corrections and additions.

First off...it is Steve Schoner (not Shoner) for the 20.2 kg Glorieta Mt find.

Secondly, the Spade meteorite was 8.86 kg not 8.3 kg.

Thirdly...I think the four other names that I mentioned that Dirk sent us are
still in classification. There are probably others like this in review and
yet to be announced by the Society.

And finally...after reviewing Bulletins 87(2003), 86 and 85...I came up with
a few more finds of significant size from US/Canada. They are...

Chuckwalla, CA Iron(IAB) 1.8 kg Found 1992 Recog. 2003?
Elbert, CO LL6 0.6 Fell 1/11/98 Found 2000
Milton, Missouri Pallasite 2.04 Found 2000
Sandy Creek, Neb L5 1.3 Found 1999
Hagersville, Ontario Iron(IAB) 30.0 Found 1999
Lost Creek, KS H3.8 4.0 Found 1916 Recog. 2001
Ghahana, OH Iron (IAB) 1.2 Found 1990 Recog. 1995
Griffith, TX Axatite 6.0 Found 1985 Recog. 1999?

The 86/85 bulletins also had a number of smaller US finds like the 87
bulletin. Many by list member Bob Verish.

Regards,

John